You are invited to our CJN cross-border program for the 2022/2023 school year for European, Israeli, and US Jewish schools. The program will begin on January 17, 2023, and end on April 28, 2023, and will take place online.
During the project, you can choose from topics based on which you can be paired with teachers from different countries, and develop cross-border projects for your students.
In the CJN cross-border program, you will have a chance to
- Create unforgettable memories to your students by giving them the opportunity to develop international friendships,
- Build and strengthen your students’ Jewish identity,
- Develop a meaningful program that works online,
- Receive professional support from Centropa.
Topics to choose from:
- Virtual Jewish Cookbook Category: Gefilte fish. Tzimmes. Latkes. Charoset. Kugel. Borekas. Who doesn’t have a favourite Jewish recipe? In this topic, your students can choose a Jewish food and explore it with their peers.
- Family History Category: We share our joys and sorrows with our family, they are the ones who are always there for us. Through this topic, students can explore Centropa stories, and find the one they can connect to the most. Create a video, an art piece or a photo based on the story and share it with others.
- My Jewish town and community: Students are asked to explore the town or the community in which they live and show it to each other. In this project, students have the opportunity to explore any Jewish museum, Jewish heritage site, a place of remembrance or their community. This will help kids to learn about the world, about another country.
If your project meets our CJN student competition guidelines then you are welcome to submit your work to the competition!
If you plan to participate please contact Eszter Rózsa, CJN coordinator (email@example.com)!