About the seminar
We are pleased to invite all teachers from European Jewish schools and Israel to join us for our 3-day seminar in Prague and Terezin, Czech Republic from October 15th to 17th. During the seminar we will gather 30 educators from up to 15 countries to explore Centropa materials, work together on how to bring 20th century Jewish history and personal stories into their classrooms and form partnerships for the future.
Program highlights include:
- Discovering the Jewish history of Prague and experiencing the vibrant Jewish community of today
- Visiting Terezin and exploring Centropa’s collection of stories from survivors of Terezin
- Learning about Centropa’s extensive database of Jewish family stories, photographs, short films, and podcasts, with a special focus on Prague and Terezin
- Sharing best practices of innovative, technology-based teaching methodologies
- Meeting Jewish educators and collaborating on the development of lesson plans and cross-cultural projects
- Becoming a member of a unique community of Jewish educators
Participants are asked to cover their travel expenses and pay a 50€ registration fee. All the other costs of the seminar will be covered by Centropa. Those who cannot cover these expenses may apply for funds.
Application deadline: September 10, 2023
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Eszter Rózsa, email@example.com
Co-funded by the European Union and the Jack Buncher Foundation