On October 15-17, 2023, 24 teachers came together from 10 countries to our 12th professional development seminar for European Jewish schools in Prague and Terezin, Czech Republic. Teachers learned about the Centropa database and explored our materials, discovered the Jewish history of Prague and visited Terezin.
During the seminar each teacher found a partner from another school. Together, they brainstormed cross-border project ideas, which will connect the Jewish school students of Europe in creative and engaging ways while also deepening their knowledge about Jewish culture, and strengthening their Jewish identity.
Special thanks to the Lauder School of Prague for being our welcoming host for this seminar and the Education and Culture Department of the Prague Jewish Museum!
Program highlights included:
- Discovering the Jewish history of Prague and experiencing the vibrant Jewish community of today
- Visiting Terezin and exploring Centropa’s collection of stories from survivors of Terezin
- Learning about Centropa’s extensive database of Jewish family stories, photographs, short films, and podcasts, with a special focus on Prague and Terezin
- Sharing best practices of innovative, technology-based teaching methodologies
- Meeting Jewish educators and collaborating on the development of lesson plans and cross-cultural projects
- Becoming a member of a unique community of Jewish educators
The seminar was co-funded by the European Union and the Jack Buncher Foundation