Applications are open
to our 1st regional seminar
Join us for a 3-day professional development seminar in Vilnius, Lithuania between December 3-5, 2021 for Jewish school educators from the Baltics. During the seminar, 30 educators will come together to gain new resources and tools, discuss common challenges and ideas about Jewish education, and form partnerships for the future. The seminar language will be English with Russian translation.
What is Centropa? Centropa, a Jewish historical institute based in Vienna, interviewed 1,200 elderly Jews living in 15 European countries. We didn’t use video or focus on the Holocaust, but asked our respondents to tell us their entire life stories spanning the 20th c. as they showed us their old family photographs.
What is the Centropa Jewish Network (CJN)? CJN is a platform for teachers in European, Israeli, and US Jewish schools to network, share ideas, and create projects together. We do this by organizing seminars, student competitions, and international projects for Jewish schools.
Program highlights include:
- learning about Centropa’s database of Jewish family photographs, interviews and short films;
- sharing best practices of innovative, technology based pedagogies;
- discovering the Jewish history of Vilnius as well as today’s community;
- developing lesson plans with colleagues from different countries;
- becoming a member of a unique community of European Jewish educators.
Centropa fully covers the costs of the seminar, including meals, travel, accommodation and program.
Application deadline: November 22, 2021
Questions? Contact Tina Hemera, CJN coordinator at hemera(at)centropa.org.